Friday, 31 January 2014
Our River Room team loves to keep our customers taste buds guessing and experiencing new flavours. This February we wanted our Facebook Fans to come up with a brand new Valentines themed Macaroon flavour and name. We had some amazing ideas from our Facebook community including some of our favourites:
- “Sweet little kisses” – Raspberry Macaroon with a zingy lemon ganache. Created by Frances Cromie.
- “Pink Proposal” – Strawberry Macaroon with raspberry coulis ganache. Created by Joanne Boyd.
- “The Maine Attraction” – Strawberry Macaroon with Champagne buttercream and edible gold dust. Created by Anita Cunningham.
- “Valentines Dream” – Mint Chocolate. Created by Sinead Donnelly.
- “Little Temptress” – Pomegranate Ganache. Created by Marbeth Wilson.
- “Valentinos Sweet Hearts” - Strawberry Vanilla and Champagne ganache. Created by Cara McVitty.
Winner – Voted by our Facebook Fans
The two finalists were published to our Facebook Fans who voted their favourite! It was a hotly debated contest but Christine McKeever’s ‘Passionate Pleasure’ got the most votes. A delightful Passionfruit and Mango creation. ‘Passionate Pleasure’ macaroons will now be available on our Afternoon Tea menu throughout February. We hope you and your most nearest and dearest will be able to visit and try Christine’s creation and the rest of our Afternoon Tea menu. Download the new Valentines Afternoon Tea Menu here.