Why not re-create this delectable dessert brought to us by Gillies Head Chef Duncan Millar. Guaranteed to delight a loved one.
250g Plain Flour
100g Icing Sugar
125g Unsalted Butter
1 Egg Yolk
350ml Double Cream
400g 70% Dark Chocolate
1 Orange Zest
- Add flour, butter & sugar together in a bowl and crumb.
- Add eggs & mix together until a dough forms. Roll into a ball & wrap in cling film. Set in the fridge to rest for 1 hour.
- Grease & line a tart case, roll out pastry to 3mm thickness & push the pastry into the case. Line with baking paper & baking beans.
- Cook for 10mins at 190c. Remove the beans & return to cook for a further 10mins. Remove from oven & glaze with egg yolk to help seal the pastry.
- Heat the cream & milk to the boil with the orange zest; take off the heat, leave to infuse for 1hour.
- Pour the cream through a strainer over the chocolate & whisk until the chocolate has melted.
- Beat the eggs together & whisk into the chocolate cream. Pour the mix into the tart case & bake for 10-15mins at 150C.
- Allow to cool, slice with a hot knife & serve.