AA Hotel & Hospitality Services is proud to announce the launch of its new initiative, hotel spa awards that recognise and celebrate the standards of 174 hotel spa facilities across the UK.
Following a careful selection process, the AA inspectors have identified the best spas across the country. Hotels with an AA Best UK Spas stand out as exceptional and exemplary spas delivering outstanding wellness experiences while those with an AA Recommended Spa award demonstrate a quality spa provision with high standards of customer care and cleanliness. By spotlighting exceptional spa offerings across the UK, the AA’s spa awards provide consumers with a definitive guide to the highest quality and rejuvenating hotel retreats the country has to offer.
Simon Numphud, Managing Director at AA Media, said: "We are thrilled to unveil this scheme, which not only celebrates the best spas in the UK but also benchmarks the industry. Joining the spa award is an opportunity for hotels to showcase their excellent spa facilities and attract guests seeking the utmost in relaxation and luxury."
The full curated collection of the finest spas including all AA Best UK Spas and AA Recommended Spa awards can be viewed on the AA’s travel website at ratedtrips.com/best-uk-spas. There’s so many to enjoy over the festive period and New Year and well into 2024.
What makes a spa best or recommended?
The AA’s aim is to showcase member establishments that have noteworthy spas worth visiting and are a key part of the hotel experience. These awards are supported by the annual inspections and experience of the UK hospitality landscape. Inspectors’ quality assess elements such as: reception, changing rooms, wet areas, gyms and treatment rooms, where quality and condition of these areas is the key driver.
Spas come in all different shapes, sizes and styles however all featured spas will have the following standards:
· Dedicated reception and staff
· Several treatment rooms and a broad range of spa treatments
· Its size should be appropriate to the hotel
· Dedicated changing rooms
· Towel and robe provision
· Variety of areas which may include but not all: pools, hot tubs, hydrotherapy pools, thermal suites, relaxation lounges, outdoor space, food and beverage, gym, studios and wellness activities
· Sustainability policies advertised and demonstrated
· Accessibility guide published for spa areas
· Effort made to include accessible needs in spa facilities/design/layout.
AA Recommended Spa Award in addition looks for:
· High quality spa provision
· High Standards of guest care
· High standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
AA Best UK Spa Award also looks for:
· Exceptional and luxurious facilities
· Signature features
· An exemplary spa experience
· A high-quality food and beverage offering
· A distinct retail offering
· Quality consultancy offering for all aspects · Wellness facilities and activities · Outstanding customer service · Dedicated relaxation space/room.