Gillies Curry Dipping Oil | Recipe
As we welcome September, we say hello to Bread & Baking month as part of the NI Year of Food & Drink! Try this delicious curry dipping oil as an alternative for your bread & dips.
- 1 lt Pomace oil
- 1 Onion (sliced)
- 1 Apple (chopped)
- 1 tblspn Sultanas
- 1 Red Chilli (halved)
- 3 Garlic Clove (bashed)
- 4 inch Ginger (sliced)
- 1 teaspn Cumin Seeds
- 1 teaspn Star Anis
- 1 teaspn Cardamom Pods
- 1 teaspn Fennel Seeds
- 1 teaspn Coriander Seeds
1) Place all the spices on a tray and bake for 10 mins at 160°C until they are aromatic.
2) Place 200 ml of oil in a pan and heat. Add onion, chilli , ginger and garlic. Cook for 6-8 mins.
3) Add the spices, apple and sultanas and cook for a further 5 mins.
4) Add the rest of the oil and cook on a medium heat for 10-20 mins.
5) Take off the heat, cover and leave in a warm place for 24 hrs to infuse. When ready pass off the oil.